All this software has to be compliant to an internal software security standard and for the Arizona printers there is work to do in this area.
Examples of the work at hand are:
- Change the system such that all software runs as a separate user without administrative privileges where possible.
- Keep 3rd party software components up-to-date or remove them if possible.
- Make and keep the external interface to the software as small as possible (i.e. Close ports, reveal only the bare minimum of information on the open interfaces, etc.).
- Implement security measures in the successful line of flatbed printers.
- Work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team to realize customer value efficiently while making and keeping the software system secure.
- Learn how all printer components interact to create the highest quality prints.